NBC Renews 'Law and Order: SVU' for 14th Season, Picks Up 'Chicago Fire'
NBC is another network which orders a new season of its show today. While FOX gives a vote of confidence to newbie "Touch", the Peacock extends the run of veteran show "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit".
The renewal will bring back the police procedural crime drama series for a 14th season next fall. Lead actress Mariska Hargitay had earlier signed a deal that would make sure she reprises her role as Det. Olivia Benson once the network picks up the show for another season.
The show will wrap its current 13th season on Wednesday, May 16. A week before, the SVU squad will be taken to "a bizarre underworld" after Medical Examiner presents the detectives with a cleanly severed leg, reminiscent of a similar finding in an old unsolved case.
In another news related to NBC, the network has picked up pilot "Chicago Fire" to series. The new show, which comes from "SVU" creator Dick Wolf, is described as an action-driven drama exploring the complex and heroic men and women of the Chicago Fire Department.
"The Vampire Diaries" actor Taylor Kinney will play adrenaline junkie Squad Lt. Kelly Severide. Also supporting the fire-fighting series are Eamonn Walker, Jesse Spencer, Teri Reeves, Monica Raymund and many others.
"Law and Order: SVU" 13.22 preview:
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist