NBC Renews 'Law and Order: SVU' for 14th Season, Picks Up 'Chicago Fire'
NBC is another network which orders a new season of its show today. While FOX gives a vote of confidence to newbie "Touch", the Peacock extends the run of veteran show "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit".
The renewal will bring back the police procedural crime drama series for a 14th season next fall. Lead actress Mariska Hargitay had earlier signed a deal that would make sure she reprises her role as Det. Olivia Benson once the network picks up the show for another season.
The show will wrap its current 13th season on Wednesday, May 16. A week before, the SVU squad will be taken to "a bizarre underworld" after Medical Examiner presents the detectives with a cleanly severed leg, reminiscent of a similar finding in an old unsolved case.
In another news related to NBC, the network has picked up pilot "Chicago Fire" to series. The new show, which comes from "SVU" creator Dick Wolf, is described as an action-driven drama exploring the complex and heroic men and women of the Chicago Fire Department.
"The Vampire Diaries" actor Taylor Kinney will play adrenaline junkie Squad Lt. Kelly Severide. Also supporting the fire-fighting series are Eamonn Walker, Jesse Spencer, Teri Reeves, Monica Raymund and many others.
"Law and Order: SVU" 13.22 preview:
More Law & Order: Special Victims Unit News
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance