Young Angelina Jolie in 'Maleficent' to Be Portrayed by India Eisley
A talented young actress has been chosen to play the younger version of none other than Angelina Jolie in "Maleficent". The lucky actress is India Eisley, who is tapped to star as the adolescent version of the titular character in the upcoming film based on Sleeping Beauty story.
According to Variety, Eisley, who recently starred in "Underworld: Awakening", will play young Maleficent in the opening act, which establishes the villainous queen's role in her kingdom's hierarchy. She is set to begin filming in June.
She will be joined by Elle Fanning as princess Aurora, Sharlto Copley as Stefan, Kenneth Cranham as the King, Sam Riley as Maleficent's right-hand man, Miranda Richardson as her regal aunt, and Imelda Staunton as Aurora's pixie.
"Maleficent" will be directed by Robert Stromberg with Linda Woolverton penning the script based on the classic Charles Perrault fairytale. Walt Disney Pictures has planned to release the fantasy movie in the U.S. on March 14, 2014.
Jolie recently discussed her character with Entertainment Weekly. The A-lister said, "It's not anti-princess, but it's the first time they're looking at this epic woman. I hope in the end you see a woman who is capable of being many things, and just because she protects herself and is aggressive, it doesn't mean she can't have other [warmer] qualities. You have to figure out the puzzle of what she is."
More Maleficent News
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo
- 'Pacific Rim 2' Gets New Release Date
- Gwyneth Paltrow on Being the Most Hated Celebrity: 'What Did I Do?'
- Vanessa Lachey Lands Lead Role in 'First Wives Club' TV Remake
- Free the Nipples! Jennifer Aniston Ditches Her Bra Again During NYC Outing
- Yikes! Khloe Kardashian Lived With The Game, and Some Other Men, When She Was a Teen
- Joe Perry: Aerosmith's Farewell Tour Is Simply 'an Option'