Report: Britney Spears Signs Up as 'The X Factor' Judge
One vacant seat on "The X Factor (US)" may have been occupied. After circling the show in the last few months, Britney Spears reportedly signed the deal this week to join the sophomore season of the singing competition.
"The contract is signed," a so-called insider told E! Online. "There's been a lot of back and forth over the past few weeks as they negotiated the small details, but she's on. It's all completed and Britney is beyond excited."
"She's ready for this," the source went on dishing. "She can't wait to sit down next to Simon [Cowell] at the judges' table and give this everything she's got. She is excited about showing the world that she can do this, and do this well. This is the perfect next stage in her career. Both Britney and Simon are very excited to work together."
The "I Wanna Go" hitmaker is said to receive $15 million as reported before. Representatives for the reality series and FOX have not commented on the news.
Even if Spears indeed has officially joined the U.S. version of "The X Factor", the show still has to find another star to complete the judging panel. Demi Lovato, Avril Lavigne and Stacy Ferguson aka Fergie were some of the names mentioned as possible candidates.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March