Report: Britney Spears Signs Up as 'The X Factor' Judge
One vacant seat on "The X Factor (US)" may have been occupied. After circling the show in the last few months, Britney Spears reportedly signed the deal this week to join the sophomore season of the singing competition.
"The contract is signed," a so-called insider told E! Online. "There's been a lot of back and forth over the past few weeks as they negotiated the small details, but she's on. It's all completed and Britney is beyond excited."
"She's ready for this," the source went on dishing. "She can't wait to sit down next to Simon [Cowell] at the judges' table and give this everything she's got. She is excited about showing the world that she can do this, and do this well. This is the perfect next stage in her career. Both Britney and Simon are very excited to work together."
The "I Wanna Go" hitmaker is said to receive $15 million as reported before. Representatives for the reality series and FOX have not commented on the news.
Even if Spears indeed has officially joined the U.S. version of "The X Factor", the show still has to find another star to complete the judging panel. Demi Lovato, Avril Lavigne and Stacy Ferguson aka Fergie were some of the names mentioned as possible candidates.
- Seth Rogen's R-Rated Animated Comedy 'Sausage Party' to Join Oscar Race
- Rihanna Regrets Skipping Drake's Party and Letting Taylor Swift Steal the Spotlight
- Olivia Wilde Shares Breastfeeding Photo, Finds New Drinking Buddy in Newborn Daughter
- Twitter Rips Drake for Mocking Kid Cudi's Mental Illness in New Diss Track
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery