Report: Britney Spears Signs Up as 'The X Factor' Judge
One vacant seat on "The X Factor (US)" may have been occupied. After circling the show in the last few months, Britney Spears reportedly signed the deal this week to join the sophomore season of the singing competition.
"The contract is signed," a so-called insider told E! Online. "There's been a lot of back and forth over the past few weeks as they negotiated the small details, but she's on. It's all completed and Britney is beyond excited."
"She's ready for this," the source went on dishing. "She can't wait to sit down next to Simon [Cowell] at the judges' table and give this everything she's got. She is excited about showing the world that she can do this, and do this well. This is the perfect next stage in her career. Both Britney and Simon are very excited to work together."
The "I Wanna Go" hitmaker is said to receive $15 million as reported before. Representatives for the reality series and FOX have not commented on the news.
Even if Spears indeed has officially joined the U.S. version of "The X Factor", the show still has to find another star to complete the judging panel. Demi Lovato, Avril Lavigne and Stacy Ferguson aka Fergie were some of the names mentioned as possible candidates.
- Calvin Harris Is Back on Social Media Following Car Accident, Posts Almost Naked Pic
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope