Rebecca Hall Close to Nab Sexy Scientist Role in 'Iron Man 3'
Shortly after Jessica Chastain turned down the offer to star in "Iron Man 3", Marvel Studios is eyeing another actress to fill in the vacant role. Variety has the words that "The Town" star Rebecca Hall is in talks to tackle the part which was initially offered to Chastain.
Hall is expected to portray a sexy scientist who plays a pivotal role in the creation of nanotechnology that winds up being sold to terrorists. Should the actress seal the deal with Marvel and Walt Disney Pictures, she is expected to kick off the filming this May in North Carolina before moving to China.
A day prior, Chastain confirmed via her Facebook page that she couldn't join the third "Iron Man" movie due to her busy schedule. "Sorry to say that 'Iron Man 3' isn't going to work out," she wrote. "My schedule is jammed packed and I can't fit anything else in. The press announced my possible attachment far too soon."
"Iron Man 3" will be loosely based on Warren Ellis' six-issue "Extremis" comic book series, which follows a new origin story that focuses on nanotechnology. Robert Downey Jr. reprises his role as Tony Stark a.k.a the armored hero, with Gwyneth Paltrow and Don Cheadle returning as Pepper Potts and Rhodey respectively. Ben Kingsley and Guy Pearce are also on board to tackle the villainous parts.
Disney has scheduled to release the Shane Black-directed superhero movie on May 3, 2013 in the United States.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie