Report: OutKast's Andre 3000 to Star as Jimi Hendrix in 'All Is By My Side'
Rapper Andre 3000 a.k.a Andre Benjamin is reportedly set to bring late guitarist Jimi Hendrix back to life through a big screen role. The news was first broken by the Irish Film and Television Network, which stated that the OutKast member has joined a biopic called "All Is By My Side" about the rock legend.
While Andre's representative has yet to confirm the report, it was said that the musician has been scheduled to kick off filming the biopic in Dublin and Wicklow, Ireland later this May. Serving behind the lens is John Ridley, who also works to provide the screenplay.
"All Is By My Side" will reportedly be set in 1966 and 1967 during the period in which Hendrix was discovered in a New York club by the girlfriend of The Rolling Stones' guitarist Keith Richards. She then introduced Hendrix to manager Chas Chandler, who brought the legendary guitarist to London to record his debut album "Are You Experienced? [US]".
Before this Jimi Hendrix biopic, Andre has previously starred in several movies, including "Charlotte's Web", "Scary Movie 4", "Battle in Seattle" and "Semi-Pro".
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns