Report: OutKast's Andre 3000 to Star as Jimi Hendrix in 'All Is By My Side'
Rapper Andre 3000 a.k.a Andre Benjamin is reportedly set to bring late guitarist Jimi Hendrix back to life through a big screen role. The news was first broken by the Irish Film and Television Network, which stated that the OutKast member has joined a biopic called "All Is By My Side" about the rock legend.
While Andre's representative has yet to confirm the report, it was said that the musician has been scheduled to kick off filming the biopic in Dublin and Wicklow, Ireland later this May. Serving behind the lens is John Ridley, who also works to provide the screenplay.
"All Is By My Side" will reportedly be set in 1966 and 1967 during the period in which Hendrix was discovered in a New York club by the girlfriend of The Rolling Stones' guitarist Keith Richards. She then introduced Hendrix to manager Chas Chandler, who brought the legendary guitarist to London to record his debut album "Are You Experienced? [US]".
Before this Jimi Hendrix biopic, Andre has previously starred in several movies, including "Charlotte's Web", "Scary Movie 4", "Battle in Seattle" and "Semi-Pro".
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season