MET Ball 2012: Elizabeth Banks Channels Effie Trinket, Beyonce Knowles Stuns in Sheer Gown
The biggest night of the year in fashion has arrived. On Monday, May 7, Hollywood stars and fashionista alike stepped out in style for this year's Costume Institute Gala that celebrates the opening of the "Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversations" exhibition. Among those turning heads on the red carpet were Elizabeth Banks and Beyonce Knowles.
Banks surprised many by opting to don a Mary Katrantzou dress that somehow channeled the style of Effie Trinket, her character in "The Hunger Games". The 38-year-old actress' floor-length gown featured a high neckline, peplum bodice and thigh-high slit. She completed the look with a pair of embellished-crystal heels by Christian Louboutin.
Knowles, on the other hand, stole attention on the red carpet as she showed off her amazing post-baby body in a sheer black dress. Sashaying through the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City, the songstress wife of Jay-Z wore an embroidered Givenchy Haute Couture gown with a purple ombre feathered train.
Also looking lovely were the likes of Rihanna, Emma Stone, Scarlett Johansson and Nina Dobrev. Riri went with a stretchy black Tom Ford dress, Emma rocked a bright cherry red satin dress with hand embroidered crystal flowers from Lanvin, Johansson glammed up in a strapless Dolce & Gabbana gown with a tulle mermaid skirt, and Dobrev stunned in a black and gold silk chiffon gown from Donna Karan Atelier.
January Jones, in the meantime, went bold by donning a canary yellow Versace gown, Renee Zellweger flaunted her toned back in a cascading Emilio Pucci custom black silk gown with chiffon details and an organza train, Amy Adams was beautiful in a Giambattista Valli Haute Couture silk chiffon gown, and the event's co-chairwoman Carey Mulligan dazzled in a sequined silver-and-gold Prada halter design.
In the men's department, the likes of Kanye West, Bruno Mars, Tom Brady and Tim Tebow went formal in their tux. Mars, in particular, was clad in Prada from head to toe, Brady went with Givenchy and rocked a semi-faux hawk hairdo, while Tebow looked dapper in a Ralph Lauren Purple Label tuxedo.
More Elizabeth Banks News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media