First Look at NBC's Two New Series From Ryan Murphy and J.J. Abrams
Gearing up to welcome fall, NBC has given a series order to "The New Normal" and "Revolution", which come from Ryan Murphy and J.J. Abrams respectively. The first pictures from the upcoming shows have since landed online, highlighting the main characters and in what situation they will be often seen.
"New Normal", which Murphy co-creates with "Glee" scribe Ali Adler, is described as "a heartwarming comedy about a blended family of a gay couple and the woman who becomes a surrogate to help them have children." It has Justin Bartha, Bebe Wood, Ellen Barkin and Jayson Blair in the cast ensemble.
"Revolution" stars David Lyons, Billy Burke and Giancarlo Esposito among others. It is "a high-octane action drama following a group of characters struggling to survive and reunite with loved ones in a world where all forms of energy have mysteriously ceased to exist." Abrams teams up with "Supernatural" creator Eric Kripke and Bryan Burk to write and executive produce the show, with Jon Favreau being tapped to direct the pilot.
NBC has also ordered comedies "Save Me", which stars Anne Heche, and "Go On", which features Matthew Perry, to series. The network is expected to unveil its fall schedule to advertisers next Monday, May 14.
Another "The New Normal" photo:
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri