Tanning Mom Praises Kristen Wiig's Impersonation of Her on 'SNL'
Being an object of a parody on "Saturday Night Live", the Tanning Mom Patricia Krentcil has nothing but good words for the sketch. The New Jersey mother has given an approval to Kristen Wiig's impersonation of her in Weekend Update segment as saying, "It was well done... the whole thing was hysterical," when asked by New York Post about the performance.
Krentcil, however, was seemingly left wondering at how much attention she's got due to her tan obsession and her case. "If you think about it for a second, Iraq and Cuba we're involved in now," she said, "but they care that I tan."
In a May 5 episode of "SNL", Wiig drew a chuckle by appearing as the Tanning Mom who responded to the controversy involving her daughter. Denying the allegations, she told Seth Meyers, "Tanning beds should only be used by responsible adults because you may not know this, Seth, but some people overtan."
Wiig's Krentcil also explained her statement that those who criticize her are "fat, ugly and jealous", claiming, "I am alluring in a way they will never be." She went on saying she has the look every woman dreams of: "Wile E. Coyote right after something's blown up in his face."
Also drawing attention was a drama behind the scenes of "SNL". Billed as a musical guest, Rihanna reportedly angered the producers for not showing up at dress rehearsal, which was done live in front of a studio audience right before the actual show.
A representative for the "S&M" hitmaker told TMZ, "Rihanna was sick and needed to save her voice for the live show." Sources further disclosed that a doctor visited Riri in the dressing room and gave her a shot of penicillin before the show, but other sources said that the 24-year-old didn't appear sick enough to have missed the dress rehearsal.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service