Video: Nicki Minaj Gets Frozen in New Pepsi Commercial
Nicki Minaj is adding a star power to Pepsi's first global campaign, "Live for Now". Making a cameo appearance in the commercial, the "Roman's Revenge" raptress gets frozen in the middle of her concert performance before being brought back to life when a brunette couple open a can of the carbonated soft drink.
Sharing her excitement over the new ad, the 29-year-old took to Twitter to share a link to the extended cut of the one-minute-plus spot that features a remix of her hit song "Moment for Life". Along with it, she tweeted, "Hey Barbz!!!! -Check out my new Pepsi commercial here!!! and then tell @Pepsi how you #livefornow! #teamminaj." She then gushed in another tweet, "Wait til u c the 30 second spot :)"
Simon Lowden, chief marketing officer, Pepsi Beverages Company, said in a press release, "The 'Live for Now' positioning will inform the way Pepsi behaves as a brand and is a fantastic filter through which to create exciting and innovative partnerships with some of the world's leading artists and entertainment properties."
Beside Minaj, Pepsi has also struck a deal with Michael Jackson's estate which allows the soft drink maker to use the late "Thriller" hitmaker's image for its new global marketing push. One billion Pepsi cans that feature special edition design of the pop legend's silhouette will be rolled out around the world in celebration of the 25th anniversary of the King of Pop's "Bad" album and tour.
More Nicki Minaj News
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer