Artist of the Week: Jack White
A year after The White Stripes broke up, Jack White came back stronger than ever. The former lead singer of the disbanded rock band debuted high at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 200 with his first solo studio album "Blunderbuss", marking his first-ever chart topper.
Throughout his career as a member of The White Stripes, The Raconteurs and The Dead Weather, Jack scored a total of seven top 10 albums. His previous highest peak on the chart was posted through The White Stripes' 2007 album "Icky Thump", which landed at No. 2.
"I've put off making records under my own name for a long time but these songs feel like they could only be presented under my name. These songs were written from scratch, had nothing to do with anyone or anything else but my own expression, my own colors on my own canvas," he said of his solo debut.
A somber tune called "Love Interruption" was released as a lead single from the album. It gives chilling sound as its mild electric guitar riffs collide with its violent lyrics. Faint sound of female vocals provided by Ruby Amanfu is heard in the background, fueling the eerie vibes of the song.
To support the newly-released studio album, Jack mapped out a handful of concerts in the United States including a gig at Secret Stages Festival in Birmingham Alabama on May 12. After completing the North American trek, he will fly across the pond for a number of shows in the U.K. More info about his forthcoming concerts can be obtained on his official website.
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Ellen DeGeneres Breaks Record With 20th Win
- Fergie and Josh Duhamel Are Trying for Baby No. 2
- Khloe Kardashian Is 'Thrilled' She's Expecting First Child With Tristan Thompson
- Sony's Animated 'Spider-Man' Movie Will Feature Miles Morales as the Lead
- People's Choice Awards 2017: J.Lo, Blake Lively, Kristen Bell Stun on Red Carpet
- Grammy Awards 2017: John Legend, Metallica Among First Performers Announced
- Is Charlize Theron's Adopted Son Becoming a Girl? He Wears Box Braids and Pink Outfit
- Ciara and Ex-Fiance Future Reach Custody Agreement Over Son Future Jr.