Video: Red Hot Chili Peppers Pay Tribute to Beastie Boys' Adam Yauch
Red Hot Chili Peppers joined a slew of celebrities who paid homage to Adam Yauch. The alternative rock band honored the late rapper of Beastie Boys during their live performance at Prudential Center in Newark over the weekend as part of their "I'm With You" tour.
Wearing an MCA t-shirt, frontman Anthony Kiedis led his band to cover the Boys' 1992 single "So What'cha Want". He said to the crowd, "We lost a good man today. We're playing this show tonight for Adam Yauch. He left the world a lot of beauty. I hope you carry that flame. Adam was for real. I love that man."
RHCP and Beastie Boys were both inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this year along with Guns N' Roses. While the former was introduced by Chris Rock, the latter was welcomed as a member of class 2012 by LL Cool J and Public Enemy's Chuck D.
Yauch was too ill to attend the induction ceremony which was taped on April 14, but he sent a letter of gratitude read by fellow Beastie Boys members. In the wake of his passing, the Hall of Fame included a tribute piece at the end of its broadcast by showing his picture with a text that read "In Memory of Adam Yauch".
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic