Justin Bieber Glad He Could Be Part of Floyd Mayweather, Jr.'s WBA Fight
Justin Bieber has shown the world that he puts his money on Floyd Mayweather, Jr.. The "Baby" hitmaker was seen as a part of the boxing champion's entourage on Saturday, May 5 night as the latter made his way into the ring for the World Boxing Association super-welterweight title fight against Miguel Cotto at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
Along with rapper 50 Cent, Bieber walked behind Mayweather while carrying two of the boxer's weight belts. After Mayweather was declared the winner by unanimous decision, the boyfriend of Selena Gomez was spotted cheering over the win in the boxing ring with Fiddy and Lil Wayne.
After the big fight, Bieber wrote on his Twitter account, "in and out of vegas for the fight. now back for rehearsals tomorrow. goodnight world. hard work and dedication." When Mayweather tweeted, "Everyone who bought PPV, who came out to Vegas and #TheMoneyTeam -- Thank you," the pop sensation replied, "Hard Work & Dedication . congrats champ. glad i could be a part of it."
Bieber himself has spoken highly of Mayweather in a previous interview. When sharing his thought on him being an easy target, he told the February issue of V Magazine, "That's how it always is, everyone wants you to be on top, and as soon as you're there - like Floyd Mayweather, he's the best boxer in the world. Now he is a champion."
"Every time he goes to a fight now, people are like, 'He's going to lose this time,' and then he wins. And the next time they say, 'He's going to lose,' again; 'he's undefeated, he's getting old, he's going to fight Ortiz, who's younger, and he's going to lose.' Every time he wins," Bieber elaborated. "And people aren't ever going to know that he's a champ."
More Justin Bieber News
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5