Scarlett Johansson Hints 'Black Widow' Movie Will Focus on the Heroine's Origin
After producer Kevin Feige confirmed that a standalone film for Black Widow has already been prepared post-"The Avengers", lead actress Scarlett Johansson revealed some tidbits about the plot of the spin-off movie. The 27-year-old actress hinted that the film will be more of a prequel that focuses on the gun-wielding hero's origin.
"I love her origin story. I think it's just such a riveting one...," she said during a recent interview to promote "Avengers". She added, "It's just steeped in history and the richness to shoot in Russia, perhaps... I hope that the fans' voice is loud enough and they want to see a Widow origin story, I know Marvel would be happy to entertain that. We've spoken a lot about it."
Johansson also dished on what the difference is between playing Natasha Romanoff in "Iron Man 2" and "Avengers". She explained, "[In Avengers] you see a little bit about how Natasha joined and it's not that she's fighting for the greater good of humanity. She was almost salvaged by S.H.I.E.L.D. and so she's loyal to that group, to that agency, but only as sort of paid debt."
Feige previously confirmed a Black Widow film to Movieline, "We have already planned her next appearance and where to take the character because we believe in it and we believe in her in a big, big way. When will there be a standalone? Both is what we're heading toward."
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?
- Rihanna to Open 2016 MTV Video Music Awards
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds