Scarlett Johansson Hints 'Black Widow' Movie Will Focus on the Heroine's Origin
After producer Kevin Feige confirmed that a standalone film for Black Widow has already been prepared post-"The Avengers", lead actress Scarlett Johansson revealed some tidbits about the plot of the spin-off movie. The 27-year-old actress hinted that the film will be more of a prequel that focuses on the gun-wielding hero's origin.
"I love her origin story. I think it's just such a riveting one...," she said during a recent interview to promote "Avengers". She added, "It's just steeped in history and the richness to shoot in Russia, perhaps... I hope that the fans' voice is loud enough and they want to see a Widow origin story, I know Marvel would be happy to entertain that. We've spoken a lot about it."
Johansson also dished on what the difference is between playing Natasha Romanoff in "Iron Man 2" and "Avengers". She explained, "[In Avengers] you see a little bit about how Natasha joined and it's not that she's fighting for the greater good of humanity. She was almost salvaged by S.H.I.E.L.D. and so she's loyal to that group, to that agency, but only as sort of paid debt."
Feige previously confirmed a Black Widow film to Movieline, "We have already planned her next appearance and where to take the character because we believe in it and we believe in her in a big, big way. When will there be a standalone? Both is what we're heading toward."
- Chrissy Teigen Naked in Bed in New Photos
- 'The Flash' Showrunner Promises Season 4 Will Be Fun and Less Dour
- Kourtney Kardashian Shacking Up With Younes Bendjima
- Nicolas Cage's Photo in Kazakhstani Garb Sparks Hilarious Memes on Twitter
- James Franco Unleashes Something Evil in 'The Vault' Trailer
- Tom Holland Wants to Date 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Co-Star Marisa Tomei
- Sara Sampaio Shares Topless Pic From Her Vacation in Mexico
- Henry Cavill's Mustache Will Be Digitally Removed From 'Justice League' Reshoots