Showtime Renews 'The Borgias', TNT Orders New Season of 'Southland'
Two shows from different networks have received similar good news on Friday, May 4. Showtime has picked up "The Borgias" for a third season, while TNT has given a fifth season order to "Southland".
"Borgias" will return with ten new episodes in 2013. Showtime Networks entertainment president David Nevins announced that the production for the new season of the Jeremy Irons-starring series would begin this summer in Budapest, Hungary.
As for "Southland" which also gets a 10-episode order, it is expected to return in February next year. Shawn Hatosy recently shared what could be highlighted in the new season. "The way [season four ended indicates] a nice big gap between [Ben and Sammy] as partners," he said, adding that their partnership should continue because it could provide more drama.
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel