Kim Kardashian's Lawyer Warns Kris Humphries Divorce Trial Could Cost Him More
Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries's divorce could turn out to be costly for the NBA star. The divorce attorneys for both parties met in a Los Angeles court on Friday, May 4, and Laura Wasser, who represents Kim in the case, said if the case proceeds to a trial and the reality star wins it, he would be asked to pay her legal fees.
The Associated Press additionally reported that Wasser believes Kris is stalling the divorce because his feelings are hurt and he wants to pursue an annulment for the 72-day marriage. "I feel that [Kris'] personal feelings and maybe some media drive is keeping this case alive," she reportedly told the judge during the routine hearing.
Having said that Kim wants to move forward with the divorce, Wasser pointed out that the estranged couple is now eligible for a divorce considering that it has been more than six months since the "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" star filed her petition. "Certainly, they've been separated longer than they've been married," she added.
Despite the threat made by Kim's side, Kris' legal team insisted they needed more time to investigate and decide that the short-lived marriage was a fraud. Los Angeles-based attorney Marshall Waller said that he expects to seek key information and the depositions of essential witnesses in the next few weeks.
Superior Court Judge Stephen Moloney told the lawyers for both Kim and Kris to return to court on August 15 for a status hearing.
More Kim Kardashian News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!