Skylar Laine: First Thing I'm Going to Do Post-'American Idol' Is Mud-Riding
Skylar Laine is taking her elimination from "American Idol" in stride. After getting the boot from the singing competition at the result show on Thursday, May 3 night, the aspiring singer from Brandon, Mississippi opened up backstage about what she's looking forward to doing as her first post-"Idol" activity.
"I wanna go mud ridin'," the 18-year-old admitted to Zap2it, "that's the first thing I'm gonna do." During the chat, she also claimed that she was not surprised by her elimination. "Because you can't be," she explained. "At all. You never know what's going to happen from week to week, seeing by the weird results this whole past season. I'm just relieved right now. No more stress."
The fifth place finisher further said that she doesn't "have any regrets from this whole experience. I've shown what kind of artist I want to be, I've shown who I am, and I know what kind of album I want to make in the future if I get the chance." She added, "I went out on a good note. I loved both the songs. I think I did good on both the songs, and I'm very happy with both my [Top 5] performances."
Laine also spilled that she didn't get any advices from Jennifer Lopez after the show, but got well wishes from both Steven Tyler and Randy Jackson. "Jennifer didn't say much to me at the end, she just said 'I'll see you later,' " she recalled, "but then Steven - Steven's a fan of mine, I really love Steven - [he] and Randy both told me I'm going to have a long career hopefully."
"And what's really awesome is that I heard Carrie Underwood said to someone that the country community's already welcomed me with open arms, and that means a lot to me," the teenager continued on gushing. But, when asked about who she thinks will win the title, she simply said, "It's anybody's game at this point."
More American Idol News
- Kanye West Surprises Kim Kardashian With Huge Flower Bouquets Again for Wedding Anniversary
- Peek-a-Boob! Pamela Anderson Flaunts Famous Cleavage in Slashed Gown in Monaco
- Ben Stiller and Christine Taylor Announce Split After 17 Years of Marriage
- Ariana Grande Shares Emotional Letter, Announces Manchester Benefit Concert: 'We Won't Let Hate Win'
- 'Paddington 2' Gets a January 2018 Release Date
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?