Robert Pattinson to Play Car Thief Pursued by Guy Pearce in 'Rover'
Hot on the heels of the news that Robert Pattinson is attached to military thriller "Mission: Blacklist", words have now broken that the "Twilight Saga" hunk is close to star in another gritty movie. According to Variety, the British thesp is currently in talks to join a car theft thriller called "Rover".
Pattinson is expected to star opposite Guy Pearce in the forthcoming film. Pearce will portray a "man who pursues a group of men who stole his car through the wild and rugged Australian Outback." Pattinson, meanwhile, is courted to play one of the thieves.
"Rover" is set to be directed by "Animal Kingdom" helmer David Michod, who penned the script based on an idea he and actor Joel Edgerton originated. Serving as the producers are David Linde and Liz Watts.
Pattinson has just nabbed a role in "Mission: Blacklist", which revolves around the search for former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein and an interrogator named Eric Maddox, who spearheaded his capture. The actor will next be seen in "Cosmopolis", "Bel Ami" and highly anticipated "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II".
As for Pearce, the 44-year-old actor has recently been involved in several prestigious movies, including Ridley Scott's "Prometheus" and John Hillcoat's "Lawless (2012)". The King Edward VIII of "The King's Speech" is also in negotiations to play geneticist Aldrich Killian in Marvel's "Iron Man 3".
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna