Samuel L. Jackson Blasts Film Critic for Negative Review on 'The Avengers'
Samuel L. Jackson is unhappy with The New York Times' sharp criticism about "The Avengers". The actor playing eye-patched S.H.I.E.L.D. director Nick Fury in the superhero movie has slammed the paper's critic A.O. Scott over his negative review on the star-studded Marvel movie.
Taking to his Twitter account, Jackson expressed his anger at Scott who gave "Avengers" a poor grade in his review. "#Avengers fans,NY Times critic AO Scott needs a new job! Let's help him find one! One he can ACTUALLY do!" so the actor tweeted on Thursday, May 3.
The impulsive tweet soon sparked frenzy on the micro-blogging site. Music critic Alex Ross responded to it by tweeting a support to Scott, "His call for you to lose your job only supports your point about 'glowering authoritarianism' in pop culture. Well said!" Scott himself later replied by writing, "I have to say I feel more flattered than threatened. which may prove the point a different way."
The Hollywood Reporter noticed that the alleged Twitter feud apparently didn't stop there. Jackson tweeted, "That is My Opinion! @TheFilmNest & what's irrational about it? They aren't going to fire his jaundiced a** & You & I Know It!", in reaction to user @TheFilmNest's tweet that read, "Disappointed to hear @SamuelLJackson respond irrationally to negative review of #Avengers. People aren't entitled to their own opinion?"
Scott later responded to the tweet by simply writing, "Jaundiced?" The film critic also retweeted some postings from some fellow critics who support him. The New York Times writer is among the small amount of critics who gave negative viewpoint over "Avengers", which by far has earned 93% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
On his article, the reviewer wrote, "While The Avengers is hardly worth raging about, its failures are significant and dispiriting. The light, amusing bits cannot overcome the grinding, hectic emptiness, the bloated cynicism that is less a shortcoming of this particular film than a feature of the genre."
"The Avengers", which will open in the U.S. on May 4, has recently been dominating foreign box office as it grossed over $280 million in its first week. The movie is predicted to add more than $150 million on its domestic opening weekend.
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans