Soundgarden Premiere 'Live to Rise' Music Video From 'The Avengers'
A music video for "The Avengers" soundtrack "Live to Rise", which is performed by Soundgarden, is unleashed ahead of the movie release. It features Chris Cornell and his bandmates delivering a searing live performance inside a warehouse under glowing lights. Footage from the superheroes movie is flashed in between the performance scene.
"Live to Rise" is Soundgarden's new single from their first studio recording in 15 years. Offered as a free download on iTunes for one week only, it exceeded 350K downloads and became the #1 most added song in its first week at Alternative and Active Rock U.S. radio. On the charts, it climbed to No. 3 at Mainstream Rock, and peaked at No. 4 at Active Rock.
Comparing the song to the one he crafted for "Machine Gun Preacher", Cornell told THR, "This song came arduously. It's different, because it has to be a Soundgarden song. It has to resonate with every band member. Writing a song for the 'Avengers' film, it has to be lyrically not specific to the movie or the story, but it has to work with it. It wasn't so easy. But it turned out absolutely a Soundgarden song."
Commenting on the big sale number they pulled in despite having no label backing them up, the rocker explained, "In this day and age, you don't have the monolithic record company with seemingly limitless resources and multimillion-dollar profits. They don't exist. Which is why a partnership like this exists. The movie company does have that, and they will promote it."
"There was a time when the idea of staying at home sounded good. That's long since gone. It's a privilege to be able to travel the world and play music you wrote for people. Millions of people write songs no one will hear except a few who follow them on Facebook and their grandparents, who begrudgingly listen because they love their grandchildren."
"The Avengers" itself is going to be released in theaters across the United States starting May 4. It stars Chris Evans as Captain America, Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow, and Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye. They band together to fight the foes no single hero could withstand.
Soundgarden's "Live to Rise" Music Video
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna