Jewel Cast as June Carter in Lifetime's Biopic of the Legendary Singer
Singer Jewel Kilcher has been tapped to play June Carter in Lifetime's biopic about the country singer. "The June Carter Cash Story" is an original movie based on the memoir "Anchored In Love: An Intimate Portrait Of June Carter Cash" by June's son John Carter Cash.
"Many people know about the legendary love story of Johnny and June," said Lifetime's EVP Rob Sharenow. "But June Carter Cash has her own epic journey filled with triumphs, tragedies, loves and losses. This movie will explore all aspects of the woman behind the icon, and we're thrilled Jewel will be playing the title role."
This would mark the first major screen acting gig for Jewel. Playing opposite her as the legendary singer Johnny Cash is Matt Ross. Directed by Allison Anders of "Southland", filming will begin this summer in Atlanta for a premiere later this year.
Like the big screen version where June is played by Reese Witherspoon, this TV movie includes her turbulent third marriage to Johnny and her struggle to save him from substance abuse. However, since the focus is her, the story begins with her early childhood and continues with her career highlights as well as her first two marriages.
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'