Lizard Wreaks Havoc in New 'Amazing Spider-Man' Images
"The Amazing Spider-Man" has uncovered two more new stills. While most of the previously released photos focus on Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker a.k.a Spidey or Emma Stone's Gwen Stacy, the freshly released official images put supervillain The Lizard under the spotlight.
In one picture, Lizard is clad in a lab coat while strangling the neck of a man. In another still, meanwhile, the ferocious hybrid beast is grasping a camera which has a label that reads, "Property of Peter Parker".
In Marc Webb's "Amazing Spider-Man", The Lizard a.k.a Dr. Curt Connors is portrayed by Welsh actor Rhys Ifans. The villain is described as "one of the leading scientific minds" who aims to engineer a revolutionary regeneration serum to help re-grow limbs and human tissue. His motivation, however, is unclear as to why he elects to be the first human test subject, but what becomes evident is that something goes horribly wrong.
Director Webb once said that Ifans portrays the evil scientist brilliantly. He told Comic-Con Annual magazine, "Rhys has tow sides to his [The Lizard] personality. He has a wonderful kindness and warmth, and he has this surly rock 'n' roll part of his personality and you really sense both of those in this movie."
"The Amazing Spider-Man" has been scheduled for a July 3 release in cinemas across the United States.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked