Lizard Wreaks Havoc in New 'Amazing Spider-Man' Images
"The Amazing Spider-Man" has uncovered two more new stills. While most of the previously released photos focus on Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker a.k.a Spidey or Emma Stone's Gwen Stacy, the freshly released official images put supervillain The Lizard under the spotlight.
In one picture, Lizard is clad in a lab coat while strangling the neck of a man. In another still, meanwhile, the ferocious hybrid beast is grasping a camera which has a label that reads, "Property of Peter Parker".
In Marc Webb's "Amazing Spider-Man", The Lizard a.k.a Dr. Curt Connors is portrayed by Welsh actor Rhys Ifans. The villain is described as "one of the leading scientific minds" who aims to engineer a revolutionary regeneration serum to help re-grow limbs and human tissue. His motivation, however, is unclear as to why he elects to be the first human test subject, but what becomes evident is that something goes horribly wrong.
Director Webb once said that Ifans portrays the evil scientist brilliantly. He told Comic-Con Annual magazine, "Rhys has tow sides to his [The Lizard] personality. He has a wonderful kindness and warmth, and he has this surly rock 'n' roll part of his personality and you really sense both of those in this movie."
"The Amazing Spider-Man" has been scheduled for a July 3 release in cinemas across the United States.
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist