First Promo for FOX's Celeb Dating Show 'The Choice' Takes on 'The Voice'
FOX has greenlit a new reality show which will feature blind auditions and spinning chairs like "The Voice", but it's not a singing competition. Instead, the program titled "The Choice" is a dating show which will see four eligible celebrities seeking for their potential love interests.
The reality series will premiere Thursday, June 7 at 9 P.M., but the network has not unveiled any name of the participating celebrities. "So You Think You Can Dance" host Cat Deeley, meanwhile, has been announced as the host for "The Choice".
Speaking of the show's title which pretty much sounds like "The Voice", FOX alternative series president Mike Darnell insists, " 'The Choice' seems like an obvious title because you have to make a choice. I'm just now realizing it rhymes."
On the dating game show, four celebrity bachelors will listen to "sexy singles" describe themselves in the first round and hit the button to spin their chairs if they like what they hear. Once each bachelor has his three prospective dates, they move on to Speed Choice round where each woman has only 15 seconds to convince the celebrity to pick her for the final round.
In the final round, Deely will pose a question to the final two, before the celebrities make their final choices. The winners will go on a dream date with the celebrities.
Six one-hour episodes are scheduled to air this summer. Five of them will have male celebrities with female contestants, while the other one will have female celebrities and male contestants.
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters