Cameron Diaz Recalls Meltdown Over Accidental Short Haircut
Though she's grown used to short do, Cameron Diaz apparently never had the intention to chop off her long blonde tresses in the first place. The Lenore Case of "The Green Hornet" stopped by "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno" on Tuesday, May 1 night, and revealed that she had a meltdown after her hairstylist/good friend accidentally cut her hair short.
"There was a little misunderstanding," the 39-year-old actress told host Jay Leno as she began telling the story behind the short cut. "I said, 'Oh I just want a little bit off'. And, it went from here to here [she gestured two very different hair lengths]." She then confessed, "It was one of those moments where I just couldn't ... I just burst into tears."
The "What to Expect When You're Expecting" star went on to explain, "I felt so vulnerable. For a woman to all of a sudden have no hair ... oh my God!" On when the incident took place, she spilled, "It was the night before she was leaving to go away for Christmas with her family. It was 10 o'clock at night and we were running around just trying to get in the haircut."
Asked about her reaction, the former girlfriend of Justin Timberlake said, "I yelled at her, I screamed at her." She was quick to add, "I felt really bad, she felt really bad, she started crying, I started crying, a couple of other people started crying. I ended up writing her a few emails after, the next couple days, assuring her I wasn't going to kill her."
During the chat, Diaz also shared her excitement about turning 40. "I love getting older," she explained. "I don't think we embrace getting older enough. We don't embrace our older generation, and those are the ones that teach us everything. I love having wisdom and learning about myself and knowing myself better."
More Cameron Diaz News
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Single 'Kiss the Sky' Off His 'Platinum Hits' Album
- Hayes Grier Shares Photo From Hospital, Assures Fans He's 'Good' After Dirt Bike Crash
- Constance Wu Slams 'Great Wall' for Whitewashing: Our Heroes Don't Look Like Matt Damon
- Zachary Quinto Addresses Engagement Speculations and Wedding Plans to Miles McMillan
- Justin Bieber Teases 'Cold Water' Video as the Major Lazer Collab Hits No. 1 on U.K. Chart
- See Tyler Hoechlin's Superman in Action in 'Supergirl' Set Videos
- Did Tyler Posey Just Come Out as Gay on Snapchat?
- Fans Defend Malia Obama Amidst Backlash for Attending Lollapalooza Instead of DNC