Cameron Diaz Recalls Meltdown Over Accidental Short Haircut
Though she's grown used to short do, Cameron Diaz apparently never had the intention to chop off her long blonde tresses in the first place. The Lenore Case of "The Green Hornet" stopped by "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno" on Tuesday, May 1 night, and revealed that she had a meltdown after her hairstylist/good friend accidentally cut her hair short.
"There was a little misunderstanding," the 39-year-old actress told host Jay Leno as she began telling the story behind the short cut. "I said, 'Oh I just want a little bit off'. And, it went from here to here [she gestured two very different hair lengths]." She then confessed, "It was one of those moments where I just couldn't ... I just burst into tears."
The "What to Expect When You're Expecting" star went on to explain, "I felt so vulnerable. For a woman to all of a sudden have no hair ... oh my God!" On when the incident took place, she spilled, "It was the night before she was leaving to go away for Christmas with her family. It was 10 o'clock at night and we were running around just trying to get in the haircut."
Asked about her reaction, the former girlfriend of Justin Timberlake said, "I yelled at her, I screamed at her." She was quick to add, "I felt really bad, she felt really bad, she started crying, I started crying, a couple of other people started crying. I ended up writing her a few emails after, the next couple days, assuring her I wasn't going to kill her."
During the chat, Diaz also shared her excitement about turning 40. "I love getting older," she explained. "I don't think we embrace getting older enough. We don't embrace our older generation, and those are the ones that teach us everything. I love having wisdom and learning about myself and knowing myself better."
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day
- 'Green Lantern Corps' Is Eying Ryan Reynolds, Bradley Cooper and Tom Cruise
- Bella Hadid Goes Braless in Completely Sheer Top. See the Eye-Popping Pics
- Find Out Who Will Be Godparents to George and Amal Clooney's Twins
- Jackie Evancho Delivers Live Performance of National Anthem at Donald Trump's Inauguration
- Emily Ratajkowski Strips Down to Lacy Lingerie on Streets for DKNY Campaign
- Angelina Jolie Loses Her Team's Trust Amid Brad Pitt Custody War
- 'Cult of Chucky' Image Offers First Look at the Murderous Doll With No Head