Scarlett Johansson: Getting a Walk of Fame Star Felt Like I Finally Made It
Scarlett Johansson has literally left her mark in Hollywood. The "Lost in Translation" star was presented with the 2,470th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame during an unveiling ceremony that took place in front of Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum on Hollywood Boulevard Wednesday, May 2 afternoon, two days before her latest movie "The Avengers" hits U.S. theaters.
Honored with the accolade for her accomplishments in film, the 27-year-old attended the ceremony rocking a figure-hugging dress by British label Preen. She also set her hair in an old-Hollywood style coiffed updo and wore Christian Louboutin's red heels. Her mother Melanie Sloan and grandmother Dorothy Sloan were in attendance.
Also present was Johansson's co-star in "The Avengers", Jeremy Renner. Serving as a speaker, the 41-year-old actor joked in his speech, "Working with her was tremendous...ly awful. For six months, she continuously threw me around, beat me, stepped on me and wiped the floor with my dignity and self-respect every day - all with a smile on her face. Now, finally, I get to step on you, sweetheart."
Johansson herself talked about how honored she was in her speech. "I was totally thrilled, of course, because I feel very nostalgic about that kind of thing," she told the crowd. "It's a wonderful tradition, and I felt like I finally made it. I really did! I was like, 'Wow! I've been in the industry for 20 years, and I've worked since I was a kid.' It felt like a big milestone."
The actress playing Black Widow in "Iron Man 2" also thanked Renner for being her "knight in shining armor," and praised her mother and grandmother for "inspiring me to be a strong, modern, independent woman." She additionally admitted, "There's not a day that goes by that I don't feel like the luckiest person in the world to have the job that I love."
More Scarlett Johansson News
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'
- Spider-Man May Leave Marvel Cinematic Universe After 'Spiderman: Homecoming' Sequel
- Harry Styles to Make Debut as Solo Artist on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman Reunite for NBC's Competition Series 'Handmade Project'
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri