NFL Legend Junior Seau Died of Suspected Suicide
NFL legend Junior Seau was found dead with a gunshot wound to the chest at his Oceanside, CA home on Wednesday, May 2 morning. According to TMZ, police suspects that this is a suicide case but they are still investigating at the scene including interrogating a man who was inside the house and appeared distraught.
There was a 911 call made at around 10 A.M. but it is yet known who the person making the call was. Coroner arrived on scene around one and a half hour later. A source said that his body was found by his housekeeper but L.A. Times reported that it was his girlfriend.
Seau, who played with Miami Dolphins and New England Patriots among others, was 43. He is survived by ex-wife and three kids. He reportedly sent a "Love you" text message to them on Tuesday but the family members did not suspect anything.
Oceanside Mayor Jim Wood has released a statement regarding Seau's death. "He was a local hero - he certainly gave back to the community and to the youth through his Junior Seau Foundation. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends," he told NC Times.
Meanwhile, the San Diego Chargers said, "Everyone at the Chargers is in complete shock and disbelief right now...We ask everyone to stop what they're doing and send their prayers to Junior and his family."
TMZ said the police will give a press conference about the death soon.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna