George Clooney and Julia Roberts Sue Audio-Visual Companies Over Property Rights
Eleven years after sharing screen in "Ocean's Eleven", George Clooney and Julia Roberts are teaming up once again. This time, however, the Hollywood stars aren't joining forces for any movie project. Instead, they collaborate to sue two audio-visual companies they accused of using their images without their permission.
Clooney and Roberts, who used her married name Julia Moder, filed their lawsuit against Digital Projection Inc. and Beyond Audio Inc. in Los Angeles Superior Court in Santa Monica last Friday, April 27. They allege misappropriation of right of publicity/right of privacy, misappropriation of common law right of publicity/right of privacy, trademark infringement and negligence.
"Defendants prominently used large photographs of Plaintiffs in Defendants' advertising, marketing and promotions including print advertisements published in numerous magazines over the past several months," the complaint read. It also claimed that unauthorized photos of the pair were used on the companies' websites, printed brochures, newsletters and email alerts.
Clooney and Roberts are seeking a permanent injunction that would prevent both Georgia-based Digital Projection and Canada-based Beyond Audio from using their names and images in the future. They are also asking unspecified general, special and punitive damages in addition to attorney fees and interest.
More George Clooney News
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure
- Lionsgate Is Planning to Make Seven More 'Power Rangers' Movies
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Go Bowling Together
- Troy Ave's Arrested After Video of Him Firing Gun at T.I.'s Concert Surfaces
- Gucci Mane Records New Mixtape Just Hours After Released From Prison
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist
- Blac Chyna's Baby Bump Is Growing! Model Bares Belly in Black Sports Bra