George Clooney and Julia Roberts Sue Audio-Visual Companies Over Property Rights
Eleven years after sharing screen in "Ocean's Eleven", George Clooney and Julia Roberts are teaming up once again. This time, however, the Hollywood stars aren't joining forces for any movie project. Instead, they collaborate to sue two audio-visual companies they accused of using their images without their permission.
Clooney and Roberts, who used her married name Julia Moder, filed their lawsuit against Digital Projection Inc. and Beyond Audio Inc. in Los Angeles Superior Court in Santa Monica last Friday, April 27. They allege misappropriation of right of publicity/right of privacy, misappropriation of common law right of publicity/right of privacy, trademark infringement and negligence.
"Defendants prominently used large photographs of Plaintiffs in Defendants' advertising, marketing and promotions including print advertisements published in numerous magazines over the past several months," the complaint read. It also claimed that unauthorized photos of the pair were used on the companies' websites, printed brochures, newsletters and email alerts.
Clooney and Roberts are seeking a permanent injunction that would prevent both Georgia-based Digital Projection and Canada-based Beyond Audio from using their names and images in the future. They are also asking unspecified general, special and punitive damages in addition to attorney fees and interest.
More George Clooney News
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert
- She's 'Dying'! Cher Suffers From Mystery Illness
- Charlie Hunnam Is Facing His Destiny in 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword' Latest Epic Trailer
- Watch Lana Del Rey Fly to the Moon in 'Love' Music Video
- Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose Are Batman and Batgirl at Son's 4th Birthday Bash
- Back Together? Ellie Goulding Attends London Fashion Week Parties With Ex Dougie Poynter
- 'Supergirl' 2.14 Preview: Kara and Alex's Father Is Back