Jessica Simpson's Sister and Father React to Birth of Baby Maxwell
Jessica Simpson and fiance Eric Johnson (II) aren't the only one excited about the birth of their first children together. Shortly after the "Fashion Star" mentor gave birth to a baby girl, both her sister Ashlee Simpson and father Joe shared their joy of welcoming Maxwell Drew Johnson to the world.
27-year-old Ashlee told PEOPLE that she and her 3-year-old son, Bronx, "are in love with Maxwell already." She added, "Jessica has wanted to be a mom since we were little girls and I couldn't be more excited for her and Eric!" Meanwhile, 51-year-old Joe took to Twitter to post, "Proud PaPaJoe !! Beautiful baby girl... What a miracle!"
Joe also expressed his excitement by buying his second grandchild an $80 giant pink stuffed bear at the Cedars-Sinai Hospital gift shop in Los Angeles, Us Weekly reported. "He was really happy and told us the gift was for his new granddaughter," an insider spilled. "He revealed both baby and mom were doing well."
Jessica and Eric welcomed baby Maxwell on Tuesday, May 1 morning. "We are so grateful for all the love support and prayers we have received," read a post on the songstress' site. "This has been the greatest experience of our lives!!" The baby's name Maxwell is Eric's middle name, while her middle name Drew comes from the maiden name of Jessica's mother Tina.
The happy couple have since received congratulatory messages from a number of celebrities. Among them were Snooki and Alyson Hannigan. The "Jersey Shore" star wrote on her Twitter, "Congrats to Jessica Simpson for having a beautiful baby!!! So exciting!", and the "How I Met Your Mother" actress tweeted, "Congrats to Jessica Simpson! Does this mean I now have the biggest baby bump in Hollywood?"
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March