Jessica Simpson's Sister and Father React to Birth of Baby Maxwell
Jessica Simpson and fiance Eric Johnson (II) aren't the only one excited about the birth of their first children together. Shortly after the "Fashion Star" mentor gave birth to a baby girl, both her sister Ashlee Simpson and father Joe shared their joy of welcoming Maxwell Drew Johnson to the world.
27-year-old Ashlee told PEOPLE that she and her 3-year-old son, Bronx, "are in love with Maxwell already." She added, "Jessica has wanted to be a mom since we were little girls and I couldn't be more excited for her and Eric!" Meanwhile, 51-year-old Joe took to Twitter to post, "Proud PaPaJoe !! Beautiful baby girl... What a miracle!"
Joe also expressed his excitement by buying his second grandchild an $80 giant pink stuffed bear at the Cedars-Sinai Hospital gift shop in Los Angeles, Us Weekly reported. "He was really happy and told us the gift was for his new granddaughter," an insider spilled. "He revealed both baby and mom were doing well."
Jessica and Eric welcomed baby Maxwell on Tuesday, May 1 morning. "We are so grateful for all the love support and prayers we have received," read a post on the songstress' site. "This has been the greatest experience of our lives!!" The baby's name Maxwell is Eric's middle name, while her middle name Drew comes from the maiden name of Jessica's mother Tina.
The happy couple have since received congratulatory messages from a number of celebrities. Among them were Snooki and Alyson Hannigan. The "Jersey Shore" star wrote on her Twitter, "Congrats to Jessica Simpson for having a beautiful baby!!! So exciting!", and the "How I Met Your Mother" actress tweeted, "Congrats to Jessica Simpson! Does this mean I now have the biggest baby bump in Hollywood?"
More Jessica Simpson News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show