Carrie Underwood Rocks 'GMA', Announces 'Blown Away' Tour Dates
Carrie Underwood continues to celebrate the release of her new album "Blown Away". She came to "Good Morning America" earlier on Monday, May 1 for an exclusive interview, and then returned to the ABC morning show on Tuesday for live performances at the Times Square. Almost at the same time, she announced a number of dates for a promo tour.
The winner of "American Idol" season 4 rocked a black and white monochrome Rag & Bone jeans and tuxedo jacket at the gig. She finished off her look with a rhinestone necklace that spelled out the title of the new CD. She performed her new sassy single "Good Girl", another fresh material "Cupid's Got a Shotgun" and older song "Cowboy Casanova" among other tracks.
In a chat with Robin Roberts, she said, "It's such a fun, rocking song. I was lucky enough to be in the room and be a co-writer on the song. It was just all about having fun and showing some attitude. We, as ladies, have a lot of layers to us. We definitely have our good sides and our bad sides. So it was fun to kind of play off of that."
Talking about the three-year gap between previous album "Play On" and the new one, she gushed, "I just didn't want to do things the same way. It wasn't so much that I thought [doing that again] would be a bad thing, but I'm the kind of person who needs to switch things up and try new things and shake it up."
She continued elaborating her statement, "Things end up better when they're on the fly and a little unexpected. Everybody is on the edge of their seat, and they're ready for anything. So I changed the way I wrote. I changed the way I recorded, and I took a little time to miss it and, hopefully, for people to miss me a little, as well."
As for the tour, Underwood is going to kick off the North American leg in mid-September and bring Hunter Hayes as an opening act. "I can't wait to get back out on the road and perform new music from my new album for my fans," she gushed. "We have a lot of exciting things planned!" $1 from each ticket sold will be donated to Red Cross disaster relief.
Of what to expect, she said, "We're thinking of some really incredible things. Right now, we're in that imagination phase, and we're talking about all the things like, 'If there were no rules, no budget, no nothing, what would we want to do?' And then we're gonna get all that compiled and see what's possible. But I think we'll top it for sure."
In addition to the "GMA" gig and the roadshow, Underwood has a live-streaming concert at iHeartRadio. She will then head west to Los Angeles to perform on "Idol" on May 3, visit "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on May 9, go to "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" on May 10, sing on "Dancing with the Stars" on May 15, and rock Billboard Music Awards live from Las Vegas on May 20.
Carrie Underwood on "Good Morning America":
"Blown Away" Tour Dates:
- Sept 14 - Manchester, NH at Verizon Wireless Arena
- Sept 15 - Bridgeport, CT at Webster Bank Arena
- Sept 17 - Providence, RI at Dunkin' Donuts Center
- Sept 19 - Worcester, MA at DCU Center
- Sept 20 - Reading, PA at Sovereign Center
- Sept 22 - Louisville, KY at KFC Yum! Center
- Sept 23 - Nashville, TN at Bridgestone Arena
- Sept 26 - Green Bay, WI at Resch Center
- Sept 27 - Minneapolis, MN at Target Center
- Sept 29 - Fargo, ND at FARGODOME
- Oct 01 - Saskatoon, SK at Canada Credit Union Centre
- Oct 02 - Calgary, AB Canada at Scotiabank Saddledome
- Oct 04 - Vancouver, BC Canada at Rogers Arena
- Oct 06 - Seattle, WA at Key Arena at Seattle Center
- Oct 07 - Portland, OR at Rose Garden
- Oct 10 - West Valley City, UT at Maverik Center
- Oct 12 - Reno, NV at Reno Events Center
- Oct 13 - Sacramento, CA at Power Balance Pavilion
- Oct 14 - San Jose, CA at HP Pavilion at San Jose
- Oct 16 - Los Angeles, CA at STAPLES Center
- Oct 18 - Bakersfield, CA at Rabobank Arena
- Oct 20 - San Diego, CA at Valley View Casino Center
- Oct 21 - Glendale, AZ at jobing.com Arena
- Oct 24 - Dallas, TX at American Airlines Arena
- Oct 25 - Oklahoma City, OK at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- Oct 27 - Wichita, KS at INTRUST Bank Arena
- Oct 28 - Springfield, MO at JQH Arena
- Nov 03 - Charlotte, NC at Time Warner Cable Arena
- Nov 04 - Greensboro, NC at Greensboro Coliseum
- Nov 07 - Baltimore, MD at 1st Mariner Arena
- Nov 09 - Atlantic City, NJ at Boardwalk Hall
- Nov 10 - Hartford, CT at XL Center
- Nov 13 - University Park, PA at Bryce Jordan Center
- Nov 15 - Grand Rapids, MI at Van Andel Arena
- Nov 16 - Moline, IL at i wireless Center
- Nov 20 - St. Louis, MO at Scottrade Center
- Nov 21 - Tulsa, OK at BOK Center
- Nov 24 - Indianapolis, IN at Bankers Life Fieldhouse
- Nov 25 - Auburn Hills, MI at The Palace of Auburn Hills
- Nov 27 - Pittsburgh, PA at Consol Energy Center
- Nov 28 - Philadelphia, PA at Wells Fargo Center
- Nov 30 - Long Island, NY at Nassau Coliseum
- Dec 01 - Newark, NJ at Prudential Center
- Dec 04 - Albany, NY at Times Union Center
- Dec 06 - London, ON at Canada John Labatt Centre
- Dec 08 - Kanata, ON at Canada Scotiabank Place
- Dec 11 - Columbus, OH at Schottenstein Center
- Dec 12 - Chicago, IL at United Center
- Dec 14 - Des Moines, IA at Iowa Events Center
- Dec 15 - Kansas City, MO at Sprint Center
- Dec 18 - Memphis, TN at FedExForum
- Dec 19 - Duluth, GA at Arena at Gwinnett Center
- Dec 21 - Orlando, FL at Amway Center
- Dec 22 - Sunrise, FL at BankAtlantic Center
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance