Ryan Seacrest: I'm Using 'Fifty Shades of Grey' as a Manual
Ryan Seacrest has opened up about what he thought of E. L. James' bestselling fiction, "Fifty Shades of Grey". When met ahead of the E! upfronts in New York City on Monday, April 30, the 37-year-old TV personality confessed to Access Hollywood correspondent Jill Martin, "I'm obsessed."
"It's fascinating to see something like that capture the zeitgeist and also it's really interesting to read. And I'm using it as a manual. I think it can be a study book for a lot of people," Seacrest further explained. As for how far he has read the book, the "American Idol" host said, "I'm past the bathtub scene, so I'm making progress."
During the interview, the boyfriend of Julianne Hough also talked about him nearly missing out on hosting "Idol" for the first time in 11 years last Wednesday, April 25 because of an illness. "I had a bug that got everything out of me - trust me - in the 24 hours... So I'm good," he recalled. "An afternoon later, I was OK."
On reports that executive producer Nigel Lythgoe was ready to take over, Seacrest commented, "Nigel got a haircut, literally, as soon as he heard that I was sick. I don't know if that's a supportive friend. I have some friends in Hollywood, but that doesn't say 'supportive' to me, that you'd go get your haircut, put on a suit - he put his silk handkerchief in." He then joked, "I think he poisoned my chicken."
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation