Ryan Seacrest: I'm Using 'Fifty Shades of Grey' as a Manual
Ryan Seacrest has opened up about what he thought of E. L. James' bestselling fiction, "Fifty Shades of Grey". When met ahead of the E! upfronts in New York City on Monday, April 30, the 37-year-old TV personality confessed to Access Hollywood correspondent Jill Martin, "I'm obsessed."
"It's fascinating to see something like that capture the zeitgeist and also it's really interesting to read. And I'm using it as a manual. I think it can be a study book for a lot of people," Seacrest further explained. As for how far he has read the book, the "American Idol" host said, "I'm past the bathtub scene, so I'm making progress."
During the interview, the boyfriend of Julianne Hough also talked about him nearly missing out on hosting "Idol" for the first time in 11 years last Wednesday, April 25 because of an illness. "I had a bug that got everything out of me - trust me - in the 24 hours... So I'm good," he recalled. "An afternoon later, I was OK."
On reports that executive producer Nigel Lythgoe was ready to take over, Seacrest commented, "Nigel got a haircut, literally, as soon as he heard that I was sick. I don't know if that's a supportive friend. I have some friends in Hollywood, but that doesn't say 'supportive' to me, that you'd go get your haircut, put on a suit - he put his silk handkerchief in." He then joked, "I think he poisoned my chicken."
More Ryan Seacrest News
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt