Report: Rihanna to Star as the Villain in 'Fast and Furious 6'
After channeling her inner killer lady persona in "Battleship", Rihanna reportedly will tackle another tough woman role in her next movie. It was The Sun which broke the news that the Bajan songstress has been sealed to star as the villain in none other than the sixth "Fast and Furious" movie.
A source told the U.K. tabloid, "Rihanna is impressed with her acting debut in 'Battleship'." The source added, "Writers think she'll be perfect for the role. Her character has plenty of bite and doesn't take any prisoners - just like her in real life. It's a step up the ladder for her and could lead to bigger action roles."
Representatives for Universal Pictures have yet to confirm Riri's casting report. Should the rumor be true, the "We Found Love" hitmaker will join the likes of Vin Diesel and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in driving supercars and touring exotic locations in England, where the film is planned to be shot.
To be directed by Dustin Lin, the untitled Fast and Furious 6 has been scheduled to arrive in the U.S. theaters on May 24, 2013. Words are, the sixth movie will be shot back-to-back with the seventh one.
As for Rihanna, after starring in "Battleship", the R&B sensation admitted that she'd like to try a comedy movie. She once said that she'd love to work with such comedians as Seth Rogen and Sacha Baron Cohen.
"I've always wanted to work with Seth. He is so funny. Even if he's not in the film, all of his movies are funny," the 24-year-old beauty stated. "They're the comedies I watch a thousand times, besides 'Borat' of course, and everything that Sacha Baron Cohen does."
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger