Video: Carrie Underwood Celebrates New Album at Live-Streaming Concert
Carrie Underwood celebrated the release of her new studio album "Blown Away" at a live-streaming concert. Wearing a pair of black shorts and a matching loose-fitting top, she invaded the Big Apple in midtown Manhattan as part of "Live on Letterman" webcast concert series.
The 2005 winner of "American Idol" showcased new songs from the upcoming album, such as "Good Girl", "Cupid's Got a Shotgun" and "Nobody Ever Told You". She also treated her fans with more familiar songs from her earlier works like 2008's "Last Name" and 2006's "Before He Cheats".
"You guys have been a lot - a lot of fun and it's really awesome," she gushed about the gig to the crowd. "Usually, we're working on one song, we go from place to place and I never get to play more of the album so it's a lot of fun. Thank you for allowing us that pleasure."
Underwood is releasing the album in the U.S. on May 1, and will follow it with numerous television, radio, and online appearances. The wife of hockey player Mike Fisher has been featured last week on "Nightline" and came to "Good Morning America" earlier on Monday for an exclusive interview.
She will next return to "GMA" for a special live outdoor concert in Times Square and stop by iHeartRadio Live for another live-streaming gig. After a busy Tuesday, she will head west to Los Angeles to perform on "American Idol" on May 3, visit "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on May 9, go to "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" on May 10, sing on "Dancing with the Stars" on May 15, and rock Billboard Music Awards live from Las Vegas on May 20.
"Before He Cheats":
"Cupid's Got a Shotgun":
More Carrie Underwood News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal