Report: Benedict Cumberbatch's Villainous Role in 'Star Trek 2' Unveiled
While director J.J. Abrams insists on hiding details of Benedict Cumberbatch's character in "Star Trek 2", multiple insiders keep on revealing clues about the villainous character the British actor will play in the anticipated sci-fi film. Those inside sources confirmed that the "War Horse" thesp will star as a famous old archenemy after all.
According to TrekMovie, [SPOILER ALERT!] Cumberbatch will indeed portray the exiled Eugenics War leader Khan Noonien Singh. Several insiders confirmed the report to the site despite the fact that Abrams himself has previously denied the rumors.
The site states, "Khan is back in 2013, however sources indicate that the film is not a rehash of 'Space Seed', the original Star Trek episode where Kirk and crew first encounter the genetic superman from the past."
Khan had been rumored to be appearing in the "Star Trek" sequel since Abrams was auditioning Latino actors, including Benicio del Toro. The coveted role eventually went to Cumberbatch after what has been said to be "a very powerful audition."
TrekMovie is not the only one reporting that the Khan reports are true. Ain't It Cool also adds fuel to the rumors as claiming that "Cumberbatch = Khan." The movie site reveals, "There's a 'deep space' smackdown between Kirk and Khan in space suits. 'Flying' suits per my contact."
Set to make its way out onto the U.S. theaters on May 17, 2013, the untitled Star Trek sequel still hasn't revealed its official plot details. The much awaited sci-fi movie will bring back Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Chris Pine, Simon Pegg, Anton Yelchin, Karl Urban and John Cho as Spock, Uhura, James T. Kirk, Scotty, Pavel, Bones and Hikaru Sulu respectively.
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo
- 'Transformers' Star Isabela Moner Lands Key Role in 'Sicario' Sequel 'Soldado'
- HBO and J.J. Abrams Teaming Up for Space Drama 'Glare'
- James Franco's Surprise Role in 'Alien: Covenant' Unveiled
- Angelina Jolie Seen in Public for the First Time Since Brad Pitt Divorce Sans Wedding Ring
- Listen to a Sneak Peek of Louis Tomlinson's Debut Solo Song 'Just Hold On' Featuring Steve Aoki
- They Mean It! Kardashians Not Backing Down Against Blac Chyna Trademarking Her Name
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!