Adam Lambert to Return to 'American Idol' on May 17
Adam Lambert confirms an upcoming performance on "American Idol". The runner-up of season 8 is set to return to the singing competition, which helped launch his singing career, on May 17, just a week before the grand finale.
The singer will perform the second single from his second studio album "Trespassing", which is due in the U.S. on May 15. He wrote on Twitter, "Exciting news! I will be returning to American Idol on May 17 to perform my new single 'Never Close Our Eyes'!"
Lambert picked Jessica Sanchez and Joshua Ledet as his favorites this season. Though so, he praised all the contestants as tweeting, "The talent IS really good this year. They all have great chops. It will be interesting to see who can make the tricky transition to radio."
This week, the five remaining "Idol" participants, Jessica, Joshua, Hollie Cavanagh, Skylar Laine and Phillip Phillips are required to cover British music. Carrie Underwood and Coldplay will visit the show as musical guests on the elimination night.
Lambert and Underwood follow other "Idol" alums like Kris Allen, James Durbin, Stefano Langone, Scotty McCreery, Lauren Alaina, Haley Reinhart and Jennifer Hudson who have returned to the show earlier this season.
More Adam Lambert News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'