Adam Lambert to Return to 'American Idol' on May 17
Adam Lambert confirms an upcoming performance on "American Idol". The runner-up of season 8 is set to return to the singing competition, which helped launch his singing career, on May 17, just a week before the grand finale.
The singer will perform the second single from his second studio album "Trespassing", which is due in the U.S. on May 15. He wrote on Twitter, "Exciting news! I will be returning to American Idol on May 17 to perform my new single 'Never Close Our Eyes'!"
Lambert picked Jessica Sanchez and Joshua Ledet as his favorites this season. Though so, he praised all the contestants as tweeting, "The talent IS really good this year. They all have great chops. It will be interesting to see who can make the tricky transition to radio."
This week, the five remaining "Idol" participants, Jessica, Joshua, Hollie Cavanagh, Skylar Laine and Phillip Phillips are required to cover British music. Carrie Underwood and Coldplay will visit the show as musical guests on the elimination night.
Lambert and Underwood follow other "Idol" alums like Kris Allen, James Durbin, Stefano Langone, Scotty McCreery, Lauren Alaina, Haley Reinhart and Jennifer Hudson who have returned to the show earlier this season.
More Adam Lambert News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival