Martin Lawrence Seeks Joint Custody of Daughters in Divorce Filing
Martin Lawrence is pushing forward with his divorce from his wife of nearly two years. The Marcus Burnett of the "Bad Boys" film franchise has submitted his divorce papers in Los Angeles Superior Court on April 25, and is asking for a joint custody of their two daughters, 11-year-old Iyanna and 9-year-old Amara Trinity.
The 47-year-old actor filed his petition just one day after he and Shamicka announced that they had decided to part ways after 17 years together. Citing the usual "irreconcilable differences", he listed April 24 as the date of their separation. He also requested that their assets be divided under the terms of their prenuptial agreement.
Martin and Shamicka had been together for 15 years before getting married in July 2010 at their home in Beverly Hills, California. When announcing their separation, the two said in their joint statement, "Out of love and respect for one another we will continue to remain friends and raise our two beautiful daughters together."
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour