Martin Lawrence Seeks Joint Custody of Daughters in Divorce Filing
Martin Lawrence is pushing forward with his divorce from his wife of nearly two years. The Marcus Burnett of the "Bad Boys" film franchise has submitted his divorce papers in Los Angeles Superior Court on April 25, and is asking for a joint custody of their two daughters, 11-year-old Iyanna and 9-year-old Amara Trinity.
The 47-year-old actor filed his petition just one day after he and Shamicka announced that they had decided to part ways after 17 years together. Citing the usual "irreconcilable differences", he listed April 24 as the date of their separation. He also requested that their assets be divided under the terms of their prenuptial agreement.
Martin and Shamicka had been together for 15 years before getting married in July 2010 at their home in Beverly Hills, California. When announcing their separation, the two said in their joint statement, "Out of love and respect for one another we will continue to remain friends and raise our two beautiful daughters together."
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group