'Dark Knight Rises' Viral Campaign Invites Fans to Hunt Down Batman
Building the anticipation to the release of a brand new trailer for "The Dark Knight Rises", Warner Bros. Pictures has unveiled a new viral campaign for the much awaited Batman film. Being revealed on the film's official website, the viral aims to invite fans to take part in "Anonymous Vigilante Investigation".
On the site, there are a set of dossiers that include an arrest warrant for "John Doe a.k.a The Batman", and a letter from Gotham City Deputy Commissioner Peter Foley. In the letter, Batman is accused of six counts of first degree murder, three counts of kidnapping, and 15 counts of aggravated assault of a peace officer.
The campaign also features a list of locations in the United States where officers (fans) could track down clues of where The Batman is. The officers are additionally instructed to "submit photographic evidence of graffiti related to any movement in support of the vigilante's return."
Each location mentioned on the list apparently unlocks a frame taken from the anticipated new trailer, which is planned to be released along with "The Avengers" screening. Fans have been collecting and combining those frames one by one to unveil glimpses at the promo video.
This new viral was revealed in time for the Harvey Dent Day. Gotham City's mayor has ordered to chase down the Caped Crusader and anybody who supports his return. The campaign is apparently in tune with the movie's plot, which takes place eight years after the events in "The Dark Knight".
In "The Dark Knight Rises", terrorist leader Bane arrives in Gotham City, pushing it and its police force to their limits, as well as forcing Batman to resurface after taking the fall for Harvey Dent's crimes. Returning as the lead superhero is Christian Bale with Tom Hardy starring as villainous Bane. The film will open wide in the U.S. on July 20.
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory