Artist of the Week: Neon Trees
Two years after busting the charts with "Habits", Neon Trees are back with their second studio album "Picture Show". A collection of 11 tracks with Kaskade as one and the only featured guest, the album leads the alternative rock band to climb to No. 17 on Billboard Hot 200.
"We wrote this as if it were a soundtrack," they explain. "Listen this album as a piece or choose the songs that fit your moment." The songs include a simple, yet captivating composition "Close to You", a killer song with angry lyrics "Teenage Sounds", and a summertime track "Weekend".
They peaked at No. 7 on Billboard Alternative Songs chart through catchy pop number "Everybody Talks". Tyler Glenn says the song shows what the band were listening to of late. "We fell in love with a lot of like Roy Orbison and the Motown music that my dad listens to," he tells Rolling Stone
The band are currently on tour to promote the new album. They will perform at Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa on May 1, and will continue traveling across North America until August. For more detailed info about their upcoming shows, fans can visit their official website.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences