'Game of Thrones' 2.06 Preview: The War Continues With Four Kings
Now that the number of potential kings is down to four, Daenerys gets more determined to take what is hers. In the next episode of "Game of Thrones", the exiled princess of the Targaryen dynasty asks the Spice King to set his ships to cross the Narrow Sea.
Elsewhere, Robb and Catelyn receive important news from Winterfell, while Arya comes face to face with a surprise visitor. At the Fist of the First Men, Qhorin Halfhand gives Jon Snow the opportunity to prove his worth.
Meanwhile, Theon completes his master stroke. In King's Landing, the Lannisters send Princess Myrcella away from harm in the nick of time, and Cersei tells Tyrion she wants to see him feeling the pain of losing someone he loves.
"The Old Gods and the New" will air Sunday, May 6 at 9 P.M. ET on HBO. The show recently [SPOILER ALERT!] killed off Renly Baratheon, Stannis' brother who also vied for the Iron throne.
Commenting on his character's death on the hand of a mysterious shadow creature which Melisandre gave birth to, Gethin Anthony gushed, "That's part of the fun of being in this world where there are fantastical elements; no one in that world believes in them." He went on telling TV Guide, "It's what makes it so human."
"People describe the White Walkers as grumps and snarks and stories to tell children. Even though we as the audience can see that there are very exciting things going on with dragons being hatched and snippets from beyond The Wall, down in the city, in King's Landing and on the warpath everyone's dealing with a very human political drama. They don't have time to imagine whether or not there's going to be a new fantastical threat."
Natalie Dormer, who plays Renly's wife, chimed in on the loss. "Margaery thought there was an exciting, plausible future of the three of them [Margaery, Renly and Loras] working together, which makes what happens all the more sad," she said. "We sat there and speculated about how great it could have been, but author George R.R. Martin [who wrote the books on which the series is based] has different plans for all three of us."
More Game of Thrones News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding