Chloe Moretz: 'Carrie' Remake Will Be More Like 'Black Swan'
Last March, Chloe Moretz grabbed the headlines after she was chosen to lead a remake to 1976's iconic horror film, "Carrie". Details of the upcoming reboot are still scarce, but Moretz herself recently shared some tidbits about the film, revealing that it will be more like "Black Swan".
Moretz told Coming Soon that director Kimberly Peirce's approach for the remake is closer to Stephen King's original "Carrie" novel than to the Brian De Palma-directed 1976 film. She said, "I'm actually not looking at the original, even though De Palma's movie was one of the best movies ever made. It's completely iconic and I'm proud to be able to be doing a retooling of it."
"We're kind of going off the book," the 15-year-old actress continued. "It's darker and much more psychological. More 'Black Swan'. You're really looking into her mind and it really looks into the relationship of Margaret and Carrie. It's set in modern time, so it's a lot different."
During the chat, the "Hugo" star also spilled the beans that she will undergo a very drastic physical transformation to portray Carrie White. "It's something that's very different from me," she confessed. "It's an out of body thing. I'm becoming a totally different person for it. I'm letting go of all of my self-esteem issues and just kind of going into it. You have to."
The blond beauty, who will soon be seen in Tim Burton's "Dark Shadows", promised that the upcoming remake "will be very well done" with Pierce serving behind the lens. "I don't want to jinx it, but [Pierce] is a genius, genius, genius director," the young actress gushed. "I would never do it with someone that I don't trust. I trust her more than a lot of the directors I've worked with. She's the right woman for the job."
"Carrie" follows a shy high school student Carrie White, who is raised by a bigoted mother (Julianne Moore). As she reaches puberty, the young girl possesses a destructive telepathic power that she uses for lethal means to execute her classmates who bully her during a prom night. The movie project is scheduled to kick off production on June 1.
More Carrie News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding