'Prometheus' International Trailer Boasts Tons of New Hellraising Scenes
Ridley Scott's "Prometheus" has debuted an international trailer, which boasts plenty of never-before-seen intense scenes. Showcasing flashy special effects and futuristic technology, the nearly 3-minute footage offers a more comprehensive look at the dead-defying outer space expedition involving Noomi Rapace and co.
In "Prometheus", acclaimed director Scott creates a groundbreaking mythology, in which a team of explorers find a clue to the origin of mankind on Earth. The discovery leads them on a dangerous journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must battle to save the future of the human race.
Though always claiming that "Prometheus" is not related to "Alien", Scott did confess that he's been eager to make the space traveler movie for a long time since he made the 1979 thriller. "[I've wanted to revisit it for] years! Years, years, years," he told Empire magazine back in March.
"I always wondered when they did [Alien] 2, 3 and 4 why they hadn't touched upon that, instead of evolving into some other fantastic story," Scott continued. "They missed the biggest question of them all: who's the big guy? And where were they going? And with what? Why that cargo? There's all kinds of questions."
Slated for a June 8 release in the U.S. theaters, the space thriller is also supported by a set of notable actors such as Michael Fassbender, Charlize Theron, Idris Elba, Guy Pearce and Logan Marshall Green.
- Caitlyn Jenner Surprises Kim Kardashian With Bare-Butt Sculpture
- Amber Heard Denies She Blackmailed Johnny Depp
- Watch Fifth Harmony Bring Out Ty Dolla $ign for Mini Concert on 'Today' Show
- Get First Images and Details of 'Cars 3'
- Will There Be More 'Matrix' Movies? Here's What Joel Silver Says
- Topher Grace Marries Fiancee Ashley Hinshaw in Private Ceremony
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Proposals and Villain Already in Week 2
- Katy Perry's Twitter Account Is Hacked, Posts Tweet About Taylor Swift