'Prometheus' International Trailer Boasts Tons of New Hellraising Scenes
Ridley Scott's "Prometheus" has debuted an international trailer, which boasts plenty of never-before-seen intense scenes. Showcasing flashy special effects and futuristic technology, the nearly 3-minute footage offers a more comprehensive look at the dead-defying outer space expedition involving Noomi Rapace and co.
In "Prometheus", acclaimed director Scott creates a groundbreaking mythology, in which a team of explorers find a clue to the origin of mankind on Earth. The discovery leads them on a dangerous journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must battle to save the future of the human race.
Though always claiming that "Prometheus" is not related to "Alien", Scott did confess that he's been eager to make the space traveler movie for a long time since he made the 1979 thriller. "[I've wanted to revisit it for] years! Years, years, years," he told Empire magazine back in March.
"I always wondered when they did [Alien] 2, 3 and 4 why they hadn't touched upon that, instead of evolving into some other fantastic story," Scott continued. "They missed the biggest question of them all: who's the big guy? And where were they going? And with what? Why that cargo? There's all kinds of questions."
Slated for a June 8 release in the U.S. theaters, the space thriller is also supported by a set of notable actors such as Michael Fassbender, Charlize Theron, Idris Elba, Guy Pearce and Logan Marshall Green.
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction