'Amazing Race' Recap: Mark and Bopper Shave Their Heads, Rachel R. Cries Over Her Hair
In the April 29 episode of "The Amazing Race", five remaining teams in season 20 continued their journey in India. Brendon and Rachel, who won last leg, departed first and headed to a temple where they encountered a Fast Forward. They, however, couldn't do it since they had used it before.
When Brendon & Rachel R. arrived at the Fast Forward, the latter got emotional when finding out that they had to shave their heads to do it. She burst into tears as she said she needed hair to be pretty, while her team mate was willing to do it. In the end, they decided not to do the Fast Forward.
They then headed to Pattancaud for the Roadblock, where they had to spin 40 feet of rope made from coconut husks and then spool some other ropes onto a spindle. Ralph finished first. He and Vanessa ran to Fort Kochi, but the latter tripped and twisted her ankle on her way. Still, she was able to get up and continue the race.
At Fort Kochi, the teams faced Detour, which was a choice between Pachyderm and Pack a Box. In Pachyderm, teams had to decorate an elephant and then transport 15 wheelbarrows full of elephant manure to a nearby truck. In Pack a Box, teams must pack ten boxes of ginger and deliver them to a shipping manager.
All teams opted for painting the elephants, except for Art and JJ who decided to pack the ginger. In the meantime, Mark and Bopper, who arrived last in the last leg, had just started their Speed Bump, where they had to paint a tiger's face on the belly of a Puli Kali dancer. Left hours behind, Mark and Bopper finally completed Speed Bump and headed to the Fast Forward.
Dave and Rachel finished the Detour first and went straight to the pit stop at Cheena Vala Fishing Nets. They once again arrived in the first place and got $10,000 each, marking the sixth non-consecutive time they win during the race. Brendon & Rachel and Vanessa & Ralph arrived at the pit stop in the second and third place respectively.
Mark and Bopper decided to do the Fast Forward and got their head shaved, but Art and JJ arrived in time to the secure the fourth place. After dodging elimination several times, the best friends were eventually sent home. Host Phil Keoghan told them to be proud of themselves because they made it through 10 legs, and they called the journey "amazing."
Next week, the four remaining teams continue the race in the two-hour finale, where they will head to Japan before going back to the United States.
More The Amazing Race News
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones