Stagecoach Festival: Steve Martin, Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton Rock Day 2
After hosting rave party at Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, California once again drew big crowd over the weekend through another music festivity. Around 50,000 country music fans flooded the Empire Polo Grounds in Indio and braved the blazing desert heat to watch Stagecoach Country Music Festival.
The revelers were rewarded by live performances from a number of country superstars. The likes of Steve Martin, Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton catered the crowd on the second day, April 28, while such stars as Eli Young Band, Brett Eldredge, Sara Evans, Alabama and Jason Aldean kicked off the gig a day prior.
Steve gave a sense of deja vu when he took the Mustang stage with the Steep Canyon Rangers, following Ralph Stanley. A couple years ago, the actor shared a bill with the bluegrass music veteran at Carnegie Hall. "I asked who was going on when, and they said Ralph was opening," he told LA Times. "I said, 'No, Ralph Stanley doesn't open for me, I open for him.' So I came out and played a couple of songs and then he went on."
Lambert and Shelton, meanwhile, were preceded by Luke Bryan. The country music couple played music for those gathering in front of the Mane stage with "The Voice" judge performing first and the Pistol Annies member following later. "Such an unbelievable experience to stand a side and watch my wife shred faces in concert," he tweeted.
The other stars who have performed on the first two days of the festival included J.D. Crowe, Dave Alvin & the Guilty Ones, J.D. Souther, The Mavericks, Sara Watkins, The Jayhawks, Sunny Sweeney, Chris Isaak and Old Man Markley.
Crowe delighted the crowd with such songs as "I'm Walking," "When the Leaves That Are Green Turn To Brown" and "Lefty's Old Guitar." He said, "This is one of the most enjoyable festivals I've ever had the pleasure of playing." The Old Man Markley, meanwhile, played "Killing Time," "Party Shack," "Guts n' Teeth" and "Song Songs".
Set to close the desert country music party on Sunday would be Roy Clark, Martina McBride, Kenny Rogers, Sheryl Crow and Brad Paisley.
- Charlize Theron Gets Called Out for Letting Her Son Dress Like Elsa of 'Frozen'
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Get Inked Together. Do They Have Matching Tattoos Now?
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears Recreates 'Baby One More Time' Video, Says She'll Never Marry Again
- Mackenzie Davis on Domino Casting Rumor for 'Deadpool 2': 'I Wish I Did!'
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Totally Naked in Hot Tub During Vacation in Greece
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna