Mel Gibson Jokes About Expletive-Laden Audio Tape
Mel Gibson has responded to the tape leak which once again threw his reputation down the gutter. The actor appeared on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" and managed to pull a joke about himself over his profanity-laden rant against screenwriter Joe Eszterhas.
Gibson explained to host Jay Leno how he felt when Eszterhas had not turned up a script for their joint film "The Maccabees" and when he finally did, it was so bad that WB rejected it. Gibson said, "It's kind of like you build a house, you hire a guy to put a roof on it, he comes over and eats lunch and talks about the roof and then you get rained on all night. Wouldn't you be kind of peeved?"
It was alleged that Eszterhas' teen son taped Gibson's expletive tirade in December. The screenwriter then sent Gibson a 9-page letter, to which Gibson made a joke of. "If he put half as much time and effort and creativity and imagination into a screenplay, which he was supposed to write, as he did into that letter …we wouldn't be having this conversation," he told Leno.
Saying he has the right to blow off some steam in his own house, the actor gave the final punch line. "Maybe you don't know this about me, but I've got a little bit of a temper," he said.
More Mel Gibson News
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending