Mel Gibson Jokes About Expletive-Laden Audio Tape
Mel Gibson has responded to the tape leak which once again threw his reputation down the gutter. The actor appeared on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" and managed to pull a joke about himself over his profanity-laden rant against screenwriter Joe Eszterhas.
Gibson explained to host Jay Leno how he felt when Eszterhas had not turned up a script for their joint film "The Maccabees" and when he finally did, it was so bad that WB rejected it. Gibson said, "It's kind of like you build a house, you hire a guy to put a roof on it, he comes over and eats lunch and talks about the roof and then you get rained on all night. Wouldn't you be kind of peeved?"
It was alleged that Eszterhas' teen son taped Gibson's expletive tirade in December. The screenwriter then sent Gibson a 9-page letter, to which Gibson made a joke of. "If he put half as much time and effort and creativity and imagination into a screenplay, which he was supposed to write, as he did into that letter …we wouldn't be having this conversation," he told Leno.
Saying he has the right to blow off some steam in his own house, the actor gave the final punch line. "Maybe you don't know this about me, but I've got a little bit of a temper," he said.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'