'American Idol' to Have Carrie Underwood and Coldplay on British-Themed Night
Carrie Underwood is set make merry the next "American Idol" result show. She's going to return to the singing competition, which helped launch her singing career, on May 3 when Coldplay are scheduled to perform as well.
A night prior, the five remaining contestants, Hollie Cavanagh, Skylar Laine, Joshua Ledet, Phillip Phillips and Jessica Sanchez will be back for another round of performance show. They are required to cover British music.
In another news, "American Idol" has just released two separate compilation albums featuring top 6 contestants. One features their cover versions of Queen's songs, and the other contains their renditions of their own song choice.
This week, "Idol" eliminated Elise Testone. The 28-year-old teacher from Charleston, South Carolina fell on the bottom three along with Hollie and Skylar.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet