Lane Garrison Slapped With Misdemeanor Battery Charge
Lane Garrison couldn't escape charges after all. The 31-year-old actor, who got arrested on suspicion of domestic violence, has been charged on Thursday, April 26 with misdemeanor battery for allegedly roughing up his ex-girlfriend, Playboy Playmate Ashley Mattingly, last Saturday, April 21 during an altercation.
The Los Angeles County District Attorney, according to TMZ, filed the charges based on a surveillance video that seemingly shows Garrison slapping Mattingly in the face in the lobby of her Beverly Hills apartment. The former "Prison Break" star himself is being held without bail since Sunday, April 22 due to potential parole violation.
In Garrison's defense, his lawyer Harland Braun told the Daily News that the actor was simply reaching for his phone and did not intend any harm. "What happened is he was reaching for the cell phone, and on the video, though it first appeared he was hitting her, if you look at it pretty carefully, you can see the hand going toward the cell phone," Braun explained.
Garrison is on parole for a 2007 vehicular manslaughter conviction which stemmed from his DUI car crash in 2006 that killed a 17-year-old high school student. The Hollywood actor is expected to appear in Beverly Hills Superior Court at 8:30 A.M. Friday, April 27. If convicted of battery, he could face a year in county jail and a $2,000 fine.
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors