HBO to Premiere Documentary About George H.W. Bush This Summer
HBO is set to air a documentary about former president George Herbert Walker Bush this summer. The premium cable network announced on Thursday, April 26 that the documentary, which is called "41", will premiere in June with Jerry Weintraub tackling the producing duty.
"I am so proud to be a friend of George H.W. Bush and his wife, Barbara Bush," producer Weintraub said upon announcing the upcoming project. "And so proud that our friendship includes this wonderful film about two wonderful people."
"41" aims to present what HBO described as an "an intimate look at the life and career of George H.W. Bush." In the documentary, the 41st president of the United States will open up about the highs and lows of his life.
Weintraub noted that the documentary will not be a political movie. Speaking to The Washington Post, the producer explained, "There's no political stuff in it. There's one comment in there that's political. It's about Ross Perot."
"This film is where he let himself go and said everything he wanted to say," Weintraub added. "You love him when it's over and thank him for...all the years of service he gave to the country. It's not a Hollywood movie - it's genuine. Not that my movies aren't genuine."
Written and directed by Jeffrey Roth, "41" was filmed over 17 months from September 2009 to February 2011. HBO has scheduled to release the nearly two-hour documentary at 9 P.M. on Thursday, June 14, two days after Bush Sr.'s 88th birthday.
Confessing that the doc is dedicated as a birthday present for the father of 43rd president George W. Bush, Weintraub said, "He's a beautiful, wonderful man and he deserves this - it's a great birthday present we're giving him."
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'