Don Omar, Prince Royce and Shakira Lead Billboard Music Latin Awards Winners
Winners for 2012 Billboard Music Latin Awards were revealed in a ceremony airing April 26. Don Omar and Prince Royce took home the most gongs with a total of eight each, while Shakira grabbed four prizes. Other artists who got multiple kudos included Mana with five, as well as Wisin & Yandel and Lucenzo with three each.
Out of those winners, it was Prince who brought home the top honor, Artist of the Year, after a fierce battle against Romeo Santos, Mana and Shakira. New Artist of the Year, meanwhile, went to Mexican band La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas after they beat Calibre 50, Il Volo and Violento.
LMFAO won Crossover Artist of the Year over Katy Perry, Rihanna and Alexandra Stan. Meanwhile, Enrique Iglesias was awarded with Touring Artist of the Year honor. Pitbull, who received 14 nominations in 12 categories, didn't walk home empty-handed as well as he was crowned Song Artist of the Year, Male.
The event took place at the BankUnited Center in Miami. Don Omar, Prince Royce, Pitbull performed live along with Juanes, Michel Telo and Marc Anthony. In addition to singing, the estranged husband of Jennifer Lopez attended the show to collect a Billboard Hall of Fame Award for his global, artistic influence.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame