Don Omar, Prince Royce and Shakira Lead Billboard Music Latin Awards Winners
Winners for 2012 Billboard Music Latin Awards were revealed in a ceremony airing April 26. Don Omar and Prince Royce took home the most gongs with a total of eight each, while Shakira grabbed four prizes. Other artists who got multiple kudos included Mana with five, as well as Wisin & Yandel and Lucenzo with three each.
Out of those winners, it was Prince who brought home the top honor, Artist of the Year, after a fierce battle against Romeo Santos, Mana and Shakira. New Artist of the Year, meanwhile, went to Mexican band La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas after they beat Calibre 50, Il Volo and Violento.
LMFAO won Crossover Artist of the Year over Katy Perry, Rihanna and Alexandra Stan. Meanwhile, Enrique Iglesias was awarded with Touring Artist of the Year honor. Pitbull, who received 14 nominations in 12 categories, didn't walk home empty-handed as well as he was crowned Song Artist of the Year, Male.
The event took place at the BankUnited Center in Miami. Don Omar, Prince Royce, Pitbull performed live along with Juanes, Michel Telo and Marc Anthony. In addition to singing, the estranged husband of Jennifer Lopez attended the show to collect a Billboard Hall of Fame Award for his global, artistic influence.
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat
- Did Katy Perry Secretly Undergo Plastic Surgery?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Spark Rise in Bel-Air Property Prices
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia