Wiz Khalifa Reacts to Kanye West's 'Way Too Cold' Salute
Wiz Khalifa has broken his silence on Kanye West's "Way Too Cold" shout-out. Being one of the few people who "got respect" from the "Heartless" rapper in the song, the "Black and Yellow" hitmaker said, "I took it as he knows I'm a good guy."
Wiz was mentioned in the track due to his relationship with Kanye's ex-girlfriend Amber Rose. "The whole industry wanna f*** ya old chick/ Only n***a I got respect for is Wiz," raps the rhymer who's reportedly dating Kim Kardashian.
Offering an explanation from his point of view, Wiz told Hip Hop POV, "He really was into her." He added, "So the fact that we're two great people that are treating each other well, he's coming down and saying, 'Hey, hats off to you.' That's how I see it."
Asked if the Kanye question irked him, Wiz said, "It doesn't really bother me because it's something that people are gonna always be interested in. It's something that if I try to fight it then somebody is gonna do it to try to annoy me and then what am I gonna do then?"
The "Roll Up" singer added that he tried to see the positive side to it. "So I just accept it for what it is and keep it pushing man," he explained before adding, "I got a whole positive campaign and it's all love."
Quizzed about the possibility of working with Kanye, Wiz asked host Sway Calloway back, "If I sent him a verse, do you think he would like it and want to use it for his album?" He, however, didn't rule it out because for him, "it's about the culture and the creativity factor."
More Wiz Khalifa News
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame