Al Pacino Injures Eye During Gunfight Scene on 'Stand Up Guys' Set
Al Pacino has had an accident while working on the set of "Stand Up Guys" in Los Angeles. On Monday, April 23, the "Scarface" actor injured his left eye during the shooting of a gunfight scene with Christopher Walken.
It was reported that the two actors filmed the scene on the streets with both of them firing off fake handguns in front of the cameras. Soon after the scene was wrapped, Pacino was spotted wincing in pain and medics had to wash out his eye as a solution.
A representative for the Oscar-winning actor, who turned 72 on April 25, clarified to E! News that the actor was not actually involved in the scene. The rep said that the Michael Corleone in "The Godfather" trilogy was struck in the eye by some unknown foreign object.
Assuring that Pacino was not seriously injured, the rep said that the foreign object was immediately flushed out and the movie legend continued working. The rep also claimed that the actor has never left the set following the incident.
In "Stand Up Guys", Pacino and Walken play two aging criminals, one of whom has been hired to kill his friend. They decide to enjoy one last night of debauchery in which they hit up a brothel, steal some cars and evade police but also face the choices they made in their lives.
Directed by Fisher Stevens, the action comedy movie still hasn't got a U.S. release date. Joining Pacino and Walken in the cast ensemble are Alan Arkin, Julianna Margulies, Vanessa Ferlito and Katheryn Winnick.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal