Jordin Sparks Channels Her Diva Persona in First 'Sparkle' Poster
Promoting the anticipated motown era drama "Sparkle", TriStar Pictures released a very first poster for the movie. Putting Jordin Sparks under the spotlight, the flashy one-sheet shows the songstress in a daring red gown while looking up with a mic on her hand. On the lower side of the poster, there are images of other co-stars, including Whitney Houston in a close-up shot.
A remake of the 1976 music-themed film of the same title, "Sparkle" was inspired by the story of The Supremes. It follows the journey of the three Williams sisters, who begin singing in Harlem in the late 1950 before finding fame as a girl group. Their sudden rise, however, unravels their personal lives.
The forthcoming drama has been generating people's attention since it marks Houston's last movie before she passed away last February. The movie also marks the late diva's first big screen stint since she was last seen in 1996's "The Preacher's Wife". In the upcoming movie, the "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" hitmaker will appear as a "not-so encouraging mother" to Sparks' titular character.
Working as the director for "Sparkle" is Salim Akil whose wife Mara Brock Akil provides the screenplay. Also rounding up the cast ensemble are Mike Epps, Omari Hardwick, Cee-Lo Green, Carmen Ejogo, Tika Sumpter and Derek Luke. The drama will be released in the U.S. on August 17.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes