Jordin Sparks Channels Her Diva Persona in First 'Sparkle' Poster
Promoting the anticipated motown era drama "Sparkle", TriStar Pictures released a very first poster for the movie. Putting Jordin Sparks under the spotlight, the flashy one-sheet shows the songstress in a daring red gown while looking up with a mic on her hand. On the lower side of the poster, there are images of other co-stars, including Whitney Houston in a close-up shot.
A remake of the 1976 music-themed film of the same title, "Sparkle" was inspired by the story of The Supremes. It follows the journey of the three Williams sisters, who begin singing in Harlem in the late 1950 before finding fame as a girl group. Their sudden rise, however, unravels their personal lives.
The forthcoming drama has been generating people's attention since it marks Houston's last movie before she passed away last February. The movie also marks the late diva's first big screen stint since she was last seen in 1996's "The Preacher's Wife". In the upcoming movie, the "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" hitmaker will appear as a "not-so encouraging mother" to Sparks' titular character.
Working as the director for "Sparkle" is Salim Akil whose wife Mara Brock Akil provides the screenplay. Also rounding up the cast ensemble are Mike Epps, Omari Hardwick, Cee-Lo Green, Carmen Ejogo, Tika Sumpter and Derek Luke. The drama will be released in the U.S. on August 17.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences