Jordin Sparks Channels Her Diva Persona in First 'Sparkle' Poster
Promoting the anticipated motown era drama "Sparkle", TriStar Pictures released a very first poster for the movie. Putting Jordin Sparks under the spotlight, the flashy one-sheet shows the songstress in a daring red gown while looking up with a mic on her hand. On the lower side of the poster, there are images of other co-stars, including Whitney Houston in a close-up shot.
A remake of the 1976 music-themed film of the same title, "Sparkle" was inspired by the story of The Supremes. It follows the journey of the three Williams sisters, who begin singing in Harlem in the late 1950 before finding fame as a girl group. Their sudden rise, however, unravels their personal lives.
The forthcoming drama has been generating people's attention since it marks Houston's last movie before she passed away last February. The movie also marks the late diva's first big screen stint since she was last seen in 1996's "The Preacher's Wife". In the upcoming movie, the "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" hitmaker will appear as a "not-so encouraging mother" to Sparks' titular character.
Working as the director for "Sparkle" is Salim Akil whose wife Mara Brock Akil provides the screenplay. Also rounding up the cast ensemble are Mike Epps, Omari Hardwick, Cee-Lo Green, Carmen Ejogo, Tika Sumpter and Derek Luke. The drama will be released in the U.S. on August 17.
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera