Jordin Sparks Channels Her Diva Persona in First 'Sparkle' Poster
Promoting the anticipated motown era drama "Sparkle", TriStar Pictures released a very first poster for the movie. Putting Jordin Sparks under the spotlight, the flashy one-sheet shows the songstress in a daring red gown while looking up with a mic on her hand. On the lower side of the poster, there are images of other co-stars, including Whitney Houston in a close-up shot.
A remake of the 1976 music-themed film of the same title, "Sparkle" was inspired by the story of The Supremes. It follows the journey of the three Williams sisters, who begin singing in Harlem in the late 1950 before finding fame as a girl group. Their sudden rise, however, unravels their personal lives.
The forthcoming drama has been generating people's attention since it marks Houston's last movie before she passed away last February. The movie also marks the late diva's first big screen stint since she was last seen in 1996's "The Preacher's Wife". In the upcoming movie, the "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" hitmaker will appear as a "not-so encouraging mother" to Sparks' titular character.
Working as the director for "Sparkle" is Salim Akil whose wife Mara Brock Akil provides the screenplay. Also rounding up the cast ensemble are Mike Epps, Omari Hardwick, Cee-Lo Green, Carmen Ejogo, Tika Sumpter and Derek Luke. The drama will be released in the U.S. on August 17.
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Denies Cheating Rumors
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Shows 'Farewell Tour' in First Trailer
- Erin Andrews and Jarret Stoll Get Married in Sunset Ceremony
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London