Colton Dixon Might Write Songs With Chris Daughtry and Lifehouse
It's been a week since Colton Dixon was eliminated from "American Idol", but he already talked to some big stars for possible collaborations. The seventh-place finisher told MTV News that he chatted with Chris Daughtry at a recent dinner and got a call from Jason Wade of Lifehouse after he sang the band's song.
"I had dinner with Chris Daughtry and there's the option of writing with him, which would be amazing," he opened up. "And Jason Wade of Lifehouse called me up after I did his song and was interested in writing." The aspiring singer performed the band's 2000 song "Everything" on "Idol" top 9 performance night on March 28.
A fan of DAUGHTRY, Colton gushed, "I'm definitely trying to get as much advice from Chris on the future as possible. Just to help model my career after things that he has done, because he's done a phenomenal job of just going for it even after getting voted off fourth. I'm hoping I can make the most out of top seven."
Of his debut album, he spilled, "I have multiple, multiple songs, it's gonna be hard choosing songs for a record, I'm going to be writing till my fingers bleed." He added, "I hope I get to incorporate some of my older stuff in there too because then I can make it come full circle for me and this record would mean that much more."
Although he didn't give any further details, Colton had already revealed what kind of music he wanted to make. "I definitely want to do Christian music," he previously said. "I hope that I get to, but right now, I'm going to write as much as I can and see what comes out. And then whatever the product is of that will be where I'm placed as far as the genre of music."
The devout Christian was also keen to collaborate with his younger sister, Schyler. The 20-year-old singer shared, "I think that would be amazing. It's a great idea, I'll look into it, see if she wants to do it -- which I'm sure she'd love to. It'd be so much fun, but we'll have to see and cross that bridge if and when it comes."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed